The Housing Foundation with Fletcher Living is building a mix of two and three bedroom standalone homes on Awatea Road. These houses are part of Fletcher Living’s Awatea Green sub-division and is currently under construction.
These houses are available through the Housing Foundation's Affordable Housing Programmes for families who feel they are trapped in the rental market.
The Housing Foundation’s Affordable Housing products assist families who are renting to get on to the pathway to home ownership. If you are interested in this opportunity, please register your interest.
Who Can Apply for Housing Foundation’s Affordable Housing Programmes in Awatea Road, Christchurch?
- Your household income is between $55,000 - $95,000 (though this can vary depending on the development and/or your household size)
- At least one member of the household must be in full time employment
- You need to have permanent NZ residency (which is also a condition of the mortgage lending terms of our banks)
- You cannot be a current homeowner in New Zealand or overseas (i.e. you are a first-home buyer)
- If applicant has previously owned a home they are eligible to apply if the home was lost due to earthquake damage and the applicant has been adversely affected as a result.
- You are committed to owning your own home.
If you are interested in this development, register here