The Housing Foundation has funding from the Rata Foundation and the Government to assist seven households out of renting and on to the path towards home ownership through the construction or purchase of new houses.
The Housing Foundation has a small number of 3 and 4 bedroomed, stand-alone properties available in three different locations across Greater Christchurch. We are seeking registrations of interest from households who meet our preliminary criteria as detailed below. If you are interested in this opportunity and you are eligible, please register your interest below. A Registration of Interest is not an automatic allocation of a house but is the first step in the process on the pathway to home ownership.
Who Can Apply for Housing Foundation’s Affordable Housing Programmes in Greater Christchurch?
- Your household income is between $55,000 - $95,000 (though this can vary depending on the development and/or your household size)
- At least one member of the household must be in full time employment
- You need to have permanent NZ residency (which is also a condition of the mortgage lending terms of our banks)
- You cannot be a current homeowner in New Zealand or overseas (i.e. you are a first-home buyer)
- If applicant has previously owned a home they are eligible to apply if the home was lost due to earthquake damage and the applicant has been adversely affected as a result.
- You are committed to owning your own home.
If you are interested in this devolopment, register here