Since September 2015, 28 households have settled into new housing in the Lesley Keast Place neighbourhood in Hornby.
Five different housing providers are involved in producing a mix of housing ranging from one-bedroom studio apartments to four-bedroom family homes.
Construction of the last 16 houses is due to commence in October 2016.
Housing Foundation still needs families for the last two affordable equity (shared ownership) houses in this new neighbourhood adjacent to the Hornby Shopping Centre.
If you are ready to move on from renting and onto the pathway to home ownership, please register your interest.
Who Can Apply for Housing Foundation’s Affordable Housing Programmes in Hornby, Christchurch?
- Your household gross income is between $55,000 - $95,000 (though this can vary depending on the development and/or your household size)
- At least one member of the household must be in full time employment
- You need to have permanent NZ residency (which is also a condition of the mortgage lending terms of our banks)
- You cannot be a current homeowner in New Zealand or overseas (.i.e.. you are a first-home buyer)
- If an applicant has previously owned a home he or she is eligible to apply if the home was lost due to earthquake damage and the applicant has been adversely affected as a result.
- You are committed to owning your own home.
If you are interested in this development, register here
Photo: Lesley Keast Place, February 2016 click on the image to go to the image gallery for Hornby, Christchurch.