The Waimahia Inlet development is in a beautiful coastal setting with parks and landscaped reserves facing the Manukau Harbour on the Weymouth Peninsula.
Construction is underway, broken into 6 different stages. Stage 1 and 2 are complete and households have moved in. In November 2015 we celebrated the 100th house built. Stage 3a construction is currently underway and civil engineering has begun for Stages 4 and 5.
Each home has been architecturally designed to be warm and energy efficient and will be built by experienced registered builders to a high standard focussing on quality finishing.
Waimahia Inlet has an active Residents' Association that has a major focus on community development activities and also has a role to see that the physical environment of the development continues to be well maintained. There is a strong network of Neighbourhood Support groups in every street which helps to ensure that residents are safety conscious and become part of a well-connected community.
This development has been undertaken through the formation of a partnership between the Tamaki Collective, The Maori Trustee, CORT Community Housing and the New Zealand Housing Foundation. These not-for-profit organisations are dedicated to providing affordable housing for families in this great location.
Houses are limited now; however, you may be eligible to apply for one of our programmes at Waimahia Inlet. To guage your eligibiliy, check the preliminary criteria and if you meet them, register your interest.
Who Can Apply for Housing Foundation's Affordable Housing Programmes in Waimahia Inlet, Auckland?
As we near the final stages of development, we have limited types of houses available. We are looking for eligible families for our Affordable Equity programme.
Criteria and considerations based on the houses available at this time:-
- You are committed to owning your own home
- At least one member of the household must be in full time employment
- You need to have permanent NZ residency (which is also a condition of the mortgage lending terms of our banks)
- You are not a current homeowner in New Zealand or overseas (i.e. you are a first home buyer)
- Your total household income is between $75,000 - $95,000 gross per annum
- Low debt i.e. less than $5,000
- A minimum deposit of $10,000 is required; your Kiwisaver can be included in your deposit, subject to the terms and conditions of your Kiwisaver provider.
- You live and/or work in or near the local area
- Your household is made up of 4 or more persons
- Number of cars the household has that matches the available parking
For more information, contact us...
Phone 0800 WAIMAHIA (0800 924 62442)
PO Box 44018
Photo: Waimahia Inlet, Feb 2016 click on the image to go to the image gallery for Waimahia Inlet, Auckland.