Welcome to the prosperous and diverse community of East Auckland's Tamaki region!
Literally meaning "Full of People", Tamaki is a strong, community-based region of East Auckland which is made up of the suburbs Point England, Panmure and Glen Innes and is rich in culture, art and life.
The Housing Foundation is one of the Tamaki Regeneration Company (TRC) development partners. Housing Foundation has an agreement with TRC to build and develop up to 70 houses in the Glen Innes area of Tamaki for a range of tenures, such as social rental, affordable rental, shared ownership and market sale.
We hope to build on our relationship with TRC so that we can produce over the next few years, significantly more new homes for local residents and people who wish to live in Tamaki because they have strong connections to the place.
Who can apply for this exciting new housing development?
To be eligible, you must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Must have a Strong connection to the Tamaki area - that is, you or a member of your household, must work or live in Tamaki, or have a strong connection with the community e.g.: are heavily involved in a local church or faith-based organisation, sports club or community group within the Tamaki community
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand permanent resident
- Total household gross income (before tax) should be between $75,000 - $100,000 per year
- Total household debt should be less than $10,000
- Must contribute a total household deposit of $10,000 or more, which can include Kiwisaver.
If you believe that this is an opportunity to match your current circumstances and you meet our criteria, please register your interest as a first step here: Registration Form